How to set-up TCP/IP in Windows 2000?
To Setup TCP/IP in Windows 2000:
1. On Desktop, RIGHT CLICK on My Network Places and go to Properties
2. Once in Properties, go to Local Area Connection (double click)
3. Once in Local Area Connection Properties, go to Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) (double click) or click on Properties.
4. Once in TCP/IP Properties, click on Obtain an IP and Obtain DNS server then click on the Advanced button
5. Click on IP Settings tab and make sure settings are like the window below
6. Click on the DNS tab and make sure settings are like the window below
7. Once again click on the WINS tab and check the settings, now you are done...click OK